Toilet Boys / Tiger print reversible handbag



This was designed to be a really quick and simple project to make, because it was one of a few tasks I set myself whilst recovering from my appendectomy!

Firstly, I cut my fabric a little longer than the length of the handles and then used some educated guesswork for the other dimensions. The main body of the bag was made using the basic principle of this tutorial up until Step 4 (remember to leave gaps at either end for space to open the bag, or you will have to unpick it all like I did. D'oh). Instead of sewing all around the top of the bag and then turning it inside out, I then put my little plastic handles inside and hand sewed them in; eliminating the need to turn it inside out.

The Toilet Boys denim and the Cinnamoroll swimsuit fabric in the background is from The Fabric Fairy and the Tiger print cotton is from Abakhan (although I think it's all gone now). The handles are from a local place called Inkspot, I think they were around £3. Not as nice as real bamboo, but about 1/2 the price! As Fugrne Cotton would say; wow!

Wooooooow!

This bag was made using the power of America's Next Top Model marathons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years

Three Pears Of What?