Adventures in Hooking! Part Three



If you are wondering why there was a 3ish month hiatus on the blog... forget about that and look at this: I have completed 5 more squares for the throw! Hot dawg!

On the left and right hand sides we have two more granny squares, the left one probably being my favourite colour scheme so far. I think that one came out so awesome because I was watching Die Hard With A Vengeance when I hooked the turquoise layers. All the granny squares seem to pull in at the edges, but they do this in the magazine pictures too so I guess it can't be all bad. I think this is a side effect of crocheting in the round.

On the top is another treble square with diamond cross-stitch pattern, purple this time!

The bottommost square is a half treble square with 'aztec' style (their term, not mine; mine is 'messed up S') cross-stitch pattern. This was a lot of fun to make and super quick... if not a little confusing for my simple mind. It turned out rad though, so that's all I care about.

The middle panel is a variation on the granny square which is worked 'in the round' (meaning you create it from the inside and work out, like a spiral, for those of you who happen to be reading this and are not sure what I'm on about). It was a lot easier to work than I thought it would be, it's all just trebles with chain spaces at the edges and is super quick to make because of all the trebling. This is going to be one of four panels of the same pattern with different colourways which make up the centre of the throw/blanket/whatever.

For anyone wondering why my squares all seem to be curling up at the corners in that particularly unappealing way it's because I'm lazy, I haven't been storing them totally flat and I haven't dampened and dried them flat. I will probably do this at a later date... probably.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Pears Of What?

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years