Naughty-cal!

I just made this rather sweet little stripey number for myself... The blue and white jersey fabric was about £3 per metre at John Lewis in the January sales so I just made a really simple cap-sleeved top out of it (using my own pattern) and then I used a scrap of vintage jersey to trim/gather around the neckline and a spare button for decoration. Not the neatest job I've ever done; but pretty good for a few hours' work. This was my first try at using the stretch stitch on my machine too; don't ask me why I never used it before but I'm never going back to my old [incorrect] ways now!

To make the pattern for my top I just traced around the neckline and other dimensions of a shirt I already liked. And the same with the sleeves - I just traced around each half of the sleeve, then taped the halves together. It's pretty easy to adjust the sleeves when you're pinning if the pattern isn't quite perfect. I pin everything together and make sure it's all as neat as it can be before I sew. This fabric was quite slippery to work with - but I have heaps more of it - so when I get around to attempting something else I will at least have lots of room for error!

This t-shirt was made with the support of Jeff Goldblum's chest hair in Jurassic Park!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frogday the Thirteenth

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Space Age Reindeer Galactic Future Creature