Pumpkin Pasta!

OK... it's not the right season at all for all these squash recipes but I'm naughty and not really into PCV (political correctness of vegetables) and more into eating whatever I feel like. Which is everything, all the time apparently. You can sub with a different kind of squash or sweet potato if you're crazy and don't like pumpkin.
Ingredients:
400g (14oz) pasta (whichever kind you like best)
85g (3oz) butter
2 crushed garlic cloves
450g (16oz) cubed pumpkin pieces
2 tsp rosemary
Lemon zest (to taste)
Ground nutmeg (to taste)
Salt and pepper (to taste)

1. Melt the butter in a big pan and add the garlic. Stir for approximately 1 minute and then add the pumpkin, rosemary, lemon zest, salt and pepper and nutmeg. Cover it and let it sweat for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
2. Cook the pasta.
3. Mix it all together and for an extra special touch add a witty sprig of rosemary to each serving.
4. Eat and enjoy your seriously yummy pumpkin pasta.

Serves 4

No picture sorry (I really need to remember to pause and take pictures of my food before I snarfle it down); but you'll just have to take my word for it that it's damn good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years

Three Pears Of What?