Babbling Brooks

Bonjour, mes petits choux-fleurs,
Once again I have been screenprinting in my art class! I am working towards my final piece for this unit all about ME, so this work is all in preparation for that.
I recently watched  Pandora's Box, a silent film from 1929 starring Louise Brooks. After looking very briefly into her life I found out that she died the day after I was born (8 August 1985). Soooo I just thought that was kind of interesting, as if I had bumped her off the face of the planet [I am sure this is not the case, but if it is then Ms. Brooks; I am truly sorry].
This is Louise Brooks:
Lulu
Here are my screenprints:

I am happy overall with how they turned out; it wasn't the easiest picture to convert to a stencil by hand, without machine aid so I lost some of the details. Anyway the above prints aren't even part of my final piece, oh no! These were just bonuses. Here is what I'm doing for my final piece:


I decided (with the help of Helen at Nelly's Treasures) to sort of merge Louise's face with mine into one kind of weird mass, so firstly I took this hideous photo of myself and transferred it onto fabric using this technique with emulsion paint, which I highly recommend. Then I screenprinted over the top! Next I'm going to embroider all over it and add collage and things, then attach it to a canvas. I'm using the bottom print as it's my favourite, even though it sort of looks like I have a Hitler moustache.

Meanwhile I also worked a little more on one of my Geroge Harrison prints by embroidering over the top:
Scary George
Back of Scary George
Once again I think I like the back more than the front of this work!

If you'd like to know more about Louise Brooks then check out the Louise Brooks Society. She was a pretty rad, fiesty flapper lady!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Three Pears Of What?

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years