Heavy Medal

This morning as I was in the library printing off some research I was surprised to be presented with a lovely medal in return for my entry into the Postcards For Peace Competition.
My first medal
The medal is a reproduction of the original Peace Medal which was awarded by the mayor of Bournemouth in 1919 and which I referenced within my design so it's quite a nice memento to have:
Original flavour
The perks of the competition seem to keep growing; all the entrants will receive a medal and it seems that many of the designs will be made into postcards to be sold for charity! Still no news about the winner, but it's all very exciting anyway!

In other news, I returned to an old favourite recently by making a couple of cross-stitched coasters as a gift for my penpal, Sally. I used to make these fairly often and sell them on my craft stall (until that seemed too easy!) so it was fun to think of new phrases for them:
'Treat Yo' Self' and 'Stay At Home' because that's what an awesome hardworking librarian bookworm gal deserves!
Here they are in situ; Sally decided they'd also work very well as hanging decorations and I must say they do look very snazzy indeed keeping her skeleton friends company:
Them Bones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Pears Of What?

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!