And Johnson the Badger

It's been a couple of years since I have run any children's craft activities but last Friday I was given the opportunity to lead a simple sewing workshop at Corfe Mullen Library. Using a kit available from Baker Ross, the children made some really cute 3D felt woodland animal decorations for their bedrooms! This was a fun tie-in with the Summer Reading Challenge theme for 2021 - 'Wild World Heroes'. Although the children who attended had varying experience with sewing, most of them just managed to get on with the kit with minimal help from me, so I was really impressed with their skills. I suppose that's the beauty of a kit that includes everything you need and is all set up and ready to go! 

What is also interesting is that even though each child was given the set kit to work from, their finished decorations all came out looking beautifully unique and individual, with their own distinct characters.

ROLL CALL!

Lily the Fox and I Don't Know the Badger

Poppy the Owl

Chubby the Squirrel or Chipmunk... Squipmunk?

Owly the Owl

And Johnson the Badger!

Yes, we named our woodland creatures and as you can see some of the children got into the creative spirit and drew unique habitats for their animals to live in. Everyone enjoyed themselves and went away with a fab little creature friend to call their own; some were even inspired enough to take away some craft books to carry on the activities at home.

It's great to see that we're slowly getting back into the swing of normal things after the COVID hiatus and I feel like this was a really nice, simple activities to ease myself back into these craft workshops. There's always unexpected twists and turns thrown at you when you work with children so being prepared for anything is key!

Goodbye for now from me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Pears Of What?

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!