Record Covers for Mice Part 1 - The Velvet Underground & Nico

Felty, felty... felty badge of narner
One night I was lying in bed and I thought 'hey, mice need record covers too, why shouldn't they appreciate fine art?' So thus began a new project entitled 'Record Covers for Mice'. Here is the first one. Recognise it? Yeah!

It's ummm... mixed media, mostly felt, fabric, glue and embroidery. It measures about 1.75" square. I didn't do the 'Andy Warhol' bit because my hand was tired and space was getting tight right there!
It's his favourite record!
That's my sock monkey (Camem)Bert holding the Record Cover for Mice, for a sense of the scale. I had originally planned to have the banana peel back to reveal the inner banana so that the mice could fully understand the concept, but I decided it was a faff. If I make another one I might include that detail.

This project wouldn't have been possible without The Donnas, The Detroit Cobras and of course The Velvet Underground!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years

Three Pears Of What?