Hello! This blog is a showcase for my textiles and creativity and is designed to cover my journey in the world of textiles and discoveries I make along the way!
Record Covers for Mice Part 2: The Beatles - Help!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
NUJV
The second installment of Record Covers For Mice is The Beatles - Help! If you're not sure what the original looks like, here ya go
Mixed media, but mostly felt, embroidery, glue and jersey.
George is my favourite
Voila! Beatles for the mice.
Made with - Almodovar, The Beatles, The Kinks and so much patience.
Last month I was honoured to be chosen, amongst several other talented artists from the local area, to take part in an open call pop-up exhibition at Patch in Bobby's, Bournemouth. The 'At Home' exhibition, curated by Millie Lake , invited artists to submit work reflecting on the concept of home, resulting in a diverse set of artworks being displayed. And without the possibility of hanging pieces from the wall, an exciting array of creative display methods! The piece of work that I submitted is called 'A Woman's Place'. Here it is, in situ at the exhibition: Photo by Eliza Naden 'A Woman's Place' questions cliched and outdated ideas of a woman's role in the household and suggests that 'home' does not always equate to safety. Here's a few of the other pieces that really caught my eye: Martin Roberts - I Want To Go Home Amara Leeming - Comfort Foods Carmel De'Lisser - My Soul's Home Esmee Rundle - Mars Starlord Zoe Larkins - Hom...
There's a short blurb up about my work and experience at Hand & Lock, London on my University website today! Click to see pictures and read a little about my work: http://aub.ac.uk/course-info/course-news/textiles-placement-hand-lock/
It's been a couple of years since I have run any children's craft activities but last Friday I was given the opportunity to lead a simple sewing workshop at Corfe Mullen Library. Using a kit available from Baker Ross, the children made some really cute 3D felt woodland animal decorations for their bedrooms! This was a fun tie-in with the Summer Reading Challenge theme for 2021 - 'Wild World Heroes'. Although the children who attended had varying experience with sewing, most of them just managed to get on with the kit with minimal help from me, so I was really impressed with their skills. I suppose that's the beauty of a kit that includes everything you need and is all set up and ready to go! What is also interesting is that even though each child was given the set kit to work from, their finished decorations all came out looking beautifully unique and individual, with their own distinct characters. ROLL CALL! Lily the Fox and I Don't Know the Badger Poppy the O...
Comments
Post a Comment