Ric Rac n Roll!

Ello Poppets!
For those of you just joining us I attend a weekly craft club on Saturday mornings; so here's the latest projects I've been working on there:
Flag Queen
For the Jubilee we made Union Jack flags using applique and a stencilled cameo of some lady (if you want to read about my stencilling technique it's best described here). I left my edges a bit rough and ready because that's my style. Then I wasn't entirely sure what to do with it next, so I gave it to my mum. Aww.
Hippo to be triangle
Nextily we worked on some bunting - we are lucky enough to be partially fuelled by donations from local people who no longer have a use for their old supplies so three of the fabrics I used were vintage ones picked out from our hoards! I used orange binding tape because I liked how it picked out the oranges of the fabrics and contrasted with the purples and blues. Yeah! Then I used some purple ric rac which I scored at a charity shop a few weeks ago on top of the binding to contrast with / pick out even more colours and give it that extra special retro 60's/70's psychedelic vibe!
Mo' bunting, no problems
Again I have left the edges unhemmed because I prefer that style, I'm lazy and I'll mainly be using it inside anyway. Definitely keeping this one for myself! If you like this check out the apple shaped bunting I made in April!

Today I love: The Breeders, Brighton Rock, Seinfeld, F-Minus, Ian Dury, Blood Sausage and mix tapes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Pears Of What?

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!