Hand & Lock Internship: Day 7

Today I sewed some crystals onto a dress bodice and ironed pillowcases but mostly I finished off the blanket I had started appliqueing yesterday. This job seemed to have taken me a very long time but I think this was because firstly the embroidery frame I was using was a bit loose / broken making the tension difficult to work with and nextly because I am still a learner of course. Being around people who work very fast and efficiently all day can sometimes make you forget that as a learner you will naturally work a little bit slower. Anyway my boss was pleased with the job I had done so that's all that matters ultimately.
Besides this, I often tell myself that it's best to do a job well the first time rather than rushing it and having to re-check / re-do it several times; in the long run you will probably save time and your own mind from going batty.

I was also asked today what the point of me writing this blog was. I didn't really give a sufficient answer to that person but it got me thinking about what my point was so I thought I may as well re-affirm it by discussing it on here, as a kind of renewed manifesta to myself. This blog is a place to keep a record of all my achievements; however big or small they might seem to others is kind of irrelevant (sorry) because I don't even expect others to read it and am always pleasantly surprised if and when they do. I was recommended to have a blog by my university tutor and as I had already been keeping this one prior to starting university it seemed easy enough to continue it. It's sort of like a very informal CV of all my crafting, creative ideas and projects so far, some of them great and some of them not so much and I learn just as much, if not more, looking back at the 'not so much' ones as the great ones. Simple really!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years

Three Pears Of What?