More Threads of Narrative

Threads of Narrative is still running at Walford Mill Crafts and will be staying there until 22nd April, having been extended due to popular demand (or something)! After the original opening date was postponed due to the snow, it's great that more people will be able to see the work during the extra time. After it's finished at Walford Mill, the show will be moving on just up the road to Kingston Lacy - the last home of the Bankes family - where it will be on display for even more people to see! I'm really looking forward to seeing my work placed in the home of the family it was inspired by and will be so proud to see it there. More details of this exciting development to come!

Without further ado, here's some photos of our launch event (photos by Steve and Sarah Appleton):
Lots of people came along (thank you if you were one of them), including Jude the dog!
'My Own Darling Mummy' - Sarah Appleton
'Apron Strings' - Sarah Appleton
'Apron Strings' Detail - Sarah Appleton
'Spares' - Lisa Earley and Sarah Appleton
'Spares' - Lisa Earley and Sarah Appleton
'Spares' Detail - Lisa Earley and Sarah Appleton
'Little Hilary' - Sarah Appleton
'Threads Through Time' - Sarah Appleton and Year 6 of St. Mary's C of E Middle School, Puddletown
Lisa and I talked about our work and the commission in general:
And I even wore a blouse that I made especially for the event, which matched my work:
As you can see, I had a lovely time! The two glasses of wine helped... let's not talk about the fact that this was at 10 o' clock in the morning!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years

Three Pears Of What?