Blanket in Love

I've had a busy couple of weekends recently. Last Saturday, the 18th of September was my cat James' 16th birthday - which makes him about 80 years old in human years! I've had him ALL of that time, so it was a really special event and I wanted to commemorate it by making him something fancy.

I'd had the crochet pattern for a small cat blanket for quite some years; regular readers will know about my dabblings in crochet... I am by no means an expert but I love giving it a try with varying results! So here's the latest effort:

It's also high time that we had some decent pictures of the boy himself on here so here you go:


He had a very luxurious day with lots of pressies and certainly seemed to enjoy his blanket even though is was a zillion degrees that day! This blanket is made by crocheting each cat face square in the round, similar to a granny square and then sewing each piece together. I went with a different colour combination than the original pattern (which was blue, black and white) and I quite like the slightly retro effect of the colours I chose. I also had to improvise with the yarn that I used as I couldn't get hold of the yarn from the pattern either - I used a blend of cotton and acrylic - but I think it has ended up being really cosy and cute.

You also may have seen on my Facebook page that on the 11th of September I participated in the Race for Life at Poole Park! I'm one of those annoying people who started jogging during the first lockdown just to make the most out of the hour that we were allowed out for exercise and the has habit stuck with me. I started out using the Couch to 5K app (but wasn't running anything like 5k at the end of the programme) and eventually I decided to challenge myself by entering the Race for Life and raising money for a great cause at the same time. I'm really glad that I did because it turns out that I can jog 5km non-stop and I raised over £200! This is me at the start line:
Keen bean!

It's funny how much you can do that you never even knew you would be able to achieve; especially when it's something really random. I never liked sports in school and positively hated long-distance running, so this is something that a few years ago I wouldn't have imagined that I would even be attempting. I think next I would like to try the Pretty Muddy obstacle course, which sounds like a lot of fun!

Goodbye for now :)
Sarah


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Pears Of What?

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!