Don't get shirty with me!

Hey you guys, I am ill. Yet still I insist on slaving away over a hot blog and a cold mug of gazpacho to bring the craft to YOU!

I finished off this t-shirt on Monday after initially trying to attach some weird collar of my own invention to it some months ago. Didn't work; project was left abandoned. I hacked off the old collar and finished it off with something much simpler.

The fabric is that same soft jersey I bought on sale at John  Lewis and blogged about in April. I used New Look pattern 6483 and just adapted it for stretch fabric (ignored the side slits and darts and cut off the excess from the arm holes). The result is a slightly oversized but ridiculously comfy slouchy tee. Not the most exciting thing in the world but very adaptable!

For the neckline I recycled the hem of my beloved old HMV uniform and just made a wide band over the raw edges. It turned out more fun than I thought it would! The buttons are from a local independent button shop (although I'm sure I've seen them in other places) and they come in a range of colours.

I can't remember what I was doing when I made this, I think listening to PJ Havey and Tegan and Sara... but here's a picture of my new shoes, just because I can (after the jump):

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years

Three Pears Of What?