These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things

Hola!
I've been in university for over a month now (studying for a Textiles BA with hhhons) and thought I'd share some of my favourite things that I've made there so far. My project is about the film Metropolis; mostly we've only been screenprinting so that's why it's mostly screenprints.
This was a piece of fabric that I'd spilled Procien dye on; ever the thrifty gal I didn't want to waste the piece so I hand splodged black dye all over it and then printed the red hearts using my exposed screen. It turned out rather punk rock and is one of my favourite things I've probably ever made!
I printed the same hearts in a slightly varied pattern on a thin piece of muslin which makes them look very ye olde fashioned illustratey. Which I also like!
I also cut this rather marvellous A3(ish) sized stencil - regular readers will know about my passion for the art of stencilling - for some stencil prints. Most people peeping over my shoulder while I was cutting it commented that it probably wouldn't last more than 2 prints before breaking, which I was inclined to agree with; however through carefully applied analness I managed to preserve it for an impressive 7 prints!
Here are a couple of them:
In a lovely shade of pullow
In a lovely shade of eye-hurt
I was pleased that it also worked really well as a repeat. That's about it for now... exciting things coming soon though!

Today's post was inspired by The Sound Of Drilling, minestrone soup and the headache I got from writing it without my reading glasses on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Three Pears Of What?

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years