Hand & Lock Internship: Day 17

Today I did a few small errands such as buying stationery, making tea for visitors and folding / packing shirts:
But mainly I continued with my creative beadwork samples. Here are some photos of what I've done so far:
As I said yesterday, I chose materials that I liked the colours and shapes of and began with this sample:
As I'd been asked to find inventive new ways of using existing stock I used the oversized sequins upside down, which sort of reminded me of satellite dishes so as I went on sampling, I made myself a mental mood board of sci-fi b-movies and tried to make new shapes and patterns that were reminiscent of UFOs or strange plants that could be growing on other planets. Here are some images that might help explain what I mean:
Barbarella
War Of The Worlds illustration by Edward Gorey
Plan 9 From Outer Space
AT-ST
I still have some more work to do on these samples but I'm enjoying the opportunity to be creative and have had some very positive feedback about them so far so I'm really happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Three Pears Of What?

Some People Take A Self-Care Day, I Take 2 Self-Care Years