Owl Lord and Saviour

Hoot!
Today I bring you offerings, offerings of gold (not frankincense and myrrh though, I couldn't afford those too). Here he is because he really needs no introduction:
Hang him on your wall so he can watch you sleep
Iesu Gwdihw
And if you are still like 'who the heck is that?' then it's Owl bloody Jesus of course! The wisest of all creatures decorated in a religiousy kinda Jesusy kinda way. Isn't he lovely? 

Owl Jesus is a hand embroidered textile wall art piece, I used metallic gold thread for a pop and to give it that super expensive religious look like from the icons of Olden Days, which I really love and am obsessed with since we studied them for GCSE art (yeah, I went to school - sometimes). I used as many different embroidery techniques as I could for a fun and textured finish.

That's all I have to say about Owl Jesus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Cafés at the Green and Thrifty Fortnight!

Three Pears Of What?

Newifying Old Shoes